Future Plans and Projects
1. Expansion of the hospital’s in-patient capacity from fifty beds to one hundred beds to meet the growing demand for medical services.
2. Set-up a teaching center at the senior citizen home to train Nepalese youth on proper old age care and nursing. This social enterprise project will help make the home self-sustaining and independent of outside financial support.
3. We will encourage travelers visiting Bhaktapur to stay in well appointed rooms located within our Senior Citizens’ Home. Travelers staying with us will have the choice of well prepared Nepali or continental cuisine. The proceeds from these services will contribute to the operational costs of the Senior Citizens’ Home. Travelers will find the world class UNESCO heritage site within a few minutes’ walk, where outstanding ancient architecture can be seen. For those travelers interested in social volunteerism, there are opportunities to engage and help
a. with senior citizen care
b. with hospital services (immediately adjacent)
c. with community clinics
d. with teaching in the community school
4. Run regular outreach clinics in Bhaktapur’s city core and surrounding villages to improve access to healthcare in Bhaktapur district as a whole.
5. Carry out healthcare education and counseling programs for children in schools around Bhaktapur, as well as expand the current educational program on human values and community behavior.
7. Conduct health related research in collaboration with national and international institutions.